For those who will be making their way to the IAR Convention and Expo here are some last-minute details and what to expect:
You can find details online including sessions, directions, special events and more: www.illinoisrealtor.org/convention
One of the perks of Convention is FREE continuing education (CE) sessions. You’ll have two opportunities to earn up to six state-approved CE credits.
- Wednesday, September 16, 1:30-4:30 p.m. New Financing Realities for a New Market (FI 1140, 3 hours elective CE)
- Friday, September 18, 1:00-4:00 p.m. Core A: Agency, License Law and Escrow Welcome to Runamuck Realty (COR 1665, Core A CE)
Here are a few tips to help you be prepared:
- First-come, first serve – Come early to pick out your seat, especially if you have visual or hearing difficulties so that you can sit in the front of the classroom. Doors open 30 minutes before each session.
- Dress in layers – It is very difficult to get the room temperature satisfactory for everyone.
- Verification of Identity – We wish we did, but we don’t know all of you! Be sure to bring your photo ID (driver’s license or another photo ID) and real estate license number.
- Cell phones, computers, recording devices – Turn off, power down, put them aside. Electronic devices can be VERY disturbing to those around you.
- Attendance – We want you to get the most out of your continuing education session. The license law requires attendance for the entire 3 hours. Please be prompt on arrival and returning from breaks!
- Special Needs – Please notify IAR staff prior to attending if you will need special accommodations so that we can prepare for you.
Wait, there’s more…
Be sure to stop by the IAR Booth and enter to win cash and prize drawings. The drawings will be held during opening and closing sessions and in the expo hall and you must be present to win! Visit the vendor booths in the expo hall for more prize drawings and giveaways:
- Thursday, September 17, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 18, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
If you aren’t registered for convention but changed your mind it’s not too late. Just make your way to the IAR registration desk the day of the event where you can register at the walk-in rates.
See you next week in Lombard!