One of the perks of Convention is FREE continuing education (CE) sessions with the full conference registration. You’ll have two opportunities to earn up to six state-approved CE credits.
- Wednesday, September 29, 1:30-4:30 p.m.
Legal Issues – Risk Management Remix for Today’s Market (COR 1606, 3 hours Core B)
- Friday, October 1, 1:00-4:00 p.m.
Technology Applications in Real Estate (TEC 1711, 3 hours Elective CE)
To allay the confusion on whether you need CE during this transition period, here are the facts:
- If you are planning to take a proficiency exam in place of the 30-hour or 45-hour transition courses, you would need to complete CE in addition to your proficiency exam.
- And if you are transitioning from broker to managing broker, you will still need 18 hours of CE due by 4/30/13 regardless of whether you take the 45-hour course or the proficiency exam.
- If you are a salesperson transitioning to broker and take the 30-hour transition course to do so, you will not need any additional CE.
Here are a few tips to help you be prepared:
- First-come, first serve – Come early to pick out your seat, especially if you have visual or hearing difficulties so that you can sit in the front of the classroom. Doors open 30 minutes before each session.
- Dress in layers – It is very difficult to get the room temperature satisfactory for everyone.
- Verification of Identity – We wish we did, but we don’t know all of you! Be sure to bring your photo ID (driver’s license or another photo ID) and real estate license number.
- Cell phones, computers, recording devices – Turn off, power down, put them aside. Electronic devices can be VERY disturbing to those around you.
- Attendance – We want you to get the most out of your continuing education session. The license law requires attendance for the entire 3 hours. Please be prompt on arrival and returning from breaks!
- Special Needs – Please notify IAR staff prior to attending if you will need special accommodations so that we can prepare for you.