It was a high energy closing session at the Illinois Association of REALTORS® Convention Thursday as national real estate trainer Verl Workman shared tips to help REALTORS® get more out of the tools and time they have in the session, “Getting REAL Results in an e-Crazy World.”
Some highlights from his session:
- Spend time on what will make you money. Prospect two to three hours every day.
- Stop buying every new tool that comes on the market and learn to effectively use the ones you already have.
- Social media is a valuable tool but don’t let it consume your day. Spend no more than 12-15 minutes a day on it.
- When it comes to thinking of ideas for social media content just think of the term FORD – family, occupation, recreation and dreams.
- Don’t just post information. Make sure you also monitor what is being said online about you and your company.
- Focus on your talents, create systems to help you do your job and then hire assistants to do everything else.
- Take the time to follow-up with your clients. Send a birthday card, a monthly newsletter and pick up the phone. Try to have at least six voice touches per year.
- Build your business plan now for 2012.
And since technology is an important way to find today’s real estate buyers and sellers, Workman highlighted some free and low-cost technology tools that can make you more efficient on the job:
- Clipperz.com – Helps you keep track of all of your online passwords.
- NeedToMeet.com – Schedule your meetings online.
- Free-OCR.com – Allows you to extract text from any pdf.