The Illinois housing market got some good news this week with the release of March home sales statistics that showed statewide sales posting the best March in four years and median prices snapping a 20-month streak of price declines, according to data released by IAR.
IAR President Loretta Alonzo told WBBM Newsradio that she hasn’t seen the real estate business this busy since five years ago when the market began its downturn. Alonzo had some advice to potential buyers who, up until now, have been waiting on the sidelines:
“Start looking now, because you’re gonna find a decrease in inventory. The good homes are going quickly, and the interest rates are still below 4 percent. So, it’s a very good buyer’s market out there,” she said.
More media coverage of March Illinois home sales:
- Illinois March home sales best in four years – WJBC radio
- Chicago home sales, prices surge in March – Chicago Tribune
- Home sales and prices rise in Chicago in March – Chicago Sun-Times
- Local home sales up 6.5%; statewide sales best in four years – State Journal-Register
- Demand grows in Chicago’s housing market – Medill News Service
- Chicago-area home sales up 24% in March – Crain’s
- County home sales jump 69% – Northwest Herald
- Illinois home prices halt 20-month price descent – HousingWire