The news says it all: The federal government’s big online health insurance exchange, Healthcare.gov, is giving people fits and starts as they try to learn about different plans and take action as needed.
Get an update on what’s happening Dec. 12, and understand your responsibilities and options as an independent contractor or small-business owner in real estate. REALTOR® Magazine hosts experts who can walk you through the process during this key transition time.
• Marcia Salkin, NAR managing director of public policy, will explain what you need to know to comply with the law whether you have insurance already or are looking to find coverage for 2014.
• Kristin Maurelia, NAR managing director of strategic alliances and NAR’s Realtor Benefits® Program, will introduce you to the REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace, NAR’s online resource for health and wellness insurance plans and products for member and their families. The recent addition of a Private Health Exchange for REALTORS®, was designed to assist members in identifying and purchasing coverage that meets their needs and options that comply with the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
• Shannon Kennedy, president of SASid, NAR’s Realtor Benefits® Program partner and the administrator for NAR’s REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace, will take you step-by-step through the process of using NAR’s exchange.
Among the questions we’ll answer:
• Must everyone have insurance? Who is eligible for one of the law’s exceptions?
• What’s the open-enrollment deadline, and what happens if you miss it?
• What levels of coverage meet the law?
• How do you know if your current coverage meets requirements?
• What’s the latest on efforts by the federal government to address its widely reported problems with its
• With efforts to delay cancellations, what should you do if you’ve received a cancellation notice on
your current policy?
• Who qualifies for a federal tax credit, and do you have to buy on the state exchange to qualify?
• Does your state have its own exchange separate from the federal government’s exchange?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages of using a private exchange, like the REALTORS®
Insurance marketplace, over a government exchange?
There are a lot of moving pieces to the Affordable Care Act. Get your questions answered in this one-hour, nuts-and-bolts webinar.
Date: Thursday, Dec. 12
Time: 11 a.m., Central Time. Go here to learn more.