To make your voice heard in elections this fall; make sure you don’t miss any of the other important dates and deadlines supplied by the Illinois State Board of Elections. Did you know that 75 percent of Illinois REALTORS® typically vote?
- Oct. 7 – the last day to register online or in person at the local “election authority office.” However, if you live in the city of Chicago or Cook County, check with these jurisdictions for registration deadlines.
- Oct. 8 – the first day for grace period registration, change of address and grace period voting at the election authority office, as well as grace period voting by mail.
- Oct. 20 – the first day for early voting at election authority offices or designated temporary locations.
- Oct. 27 – the last day for U.S. service members, their spouses or dependents of voting age to apply for absentee ballots. Also, it is the last day for nonresident civilians to apply for absentee ballots.
- Oct. 30 – the last day the election authority may receive absentee applications by mail from registered voters still in the United States.
- Nov. 2 – the last day for early voting at permanent election authority locations.
- Nov. 3 – the last day registered voters can apply in person for an absentee ballot.
- Nov. 4 – the last day for grace period registration and for voting in general elections.
And if you need to contact information for state elected officials, the Illinois State Board of Elections also provides you with an online tool for your computer or mobile device.
REALTORS® — let’s show the #PowerofR!