We all struggle with the crush of gift-giving during the holiday season. But taking time to say “thank you” to your clients this time of year builds goodwill and can turn into repeat business and referrals.
“It is so important that we make sure our clients feel that we truly care about them, so I really try to personalize my gifts to them at closings and throughout the year,” said REALTOR® Amanda Wycoff of Berkshire Hathaway Snyder Real Estate in Bloomington. “Each client is unique, and though it may take a tad bit more effort, a personalized gift truly seals the deal that you are their REALTOR® for life.”
IARbuzz asked several IAR members what they give. See what they said, and if you have other suggestions, let us know.
REALTOR® Carrie J. Bey-Little of Baird & Warner in Glen Ellyn suggests:
- A Christmas tree ornament commemorating a client’s first home (Hallmark stores);
- A sports kit for the football, basketball or hockey fan;
- A poinsettia;
- Wine and cheese basket; and
- Holiday scented candle.
REALTOR® Kim Keefe of RE/Max Plaza in Woodstock takes a slightly different approach to the Christmas ornament idea, having door ornaments designed with the last name of the clients and the year of the home purchase.
Her other ideas include:
- Wine; and
- Boxes of caramels.
Wycoff offers nine of her favorite ideas:
- A housewarming party;
- Rent a local movie theater and show a Christmas movie to clients;
- Personalized embroidered Christmas stocking from personalcreations.com filled with wine bottle, bottle opener, candles, Magic Eraser, garbage bags and gift cards for pizza, carpet cleaning and more;
- Gourmet cupcakes from local baker (in boxes with custom logo stickers from print.com);
- Personalized welcome mat from the Personalization Mall;
- A basket with customized cookies (icing in the likeness of their home, children, pets and others with your own logo) ;
- For clients who love working in the kitchen, a custom dish with family name on it;
- For newlyweds, a custom clock with names and wedding date; and
- Pet portraits.
Got an idea? Send an email to Bill Kozar at firstname.lastname@example.org.