The Illinois State Board of Elections (ISBE) offers online registration. Applicants must provide:
- Their Illinois driver’s license number or Illinois state ID number
- The date the license or ID was issued
- The last four digits of their Social Security Number
- Their birth date
For more details, visit the ISBE Illinois Online Voter Application page.
Early Voting can help too
Early voting is designed to encourage more citizens to vote, especially those who can’t vote during normal polling hours, such as people who travel for business or work long hours.
Registered Illinois voters can cast Early Voting ballots from March 23 through April 4 by visiting:
- the election authority (a county clerk or board of election commissioners) or
- a location designated by the election authority.