Referrals from past and current satisfied customers are the key to REALTORS® improving their bottom line and building their businesses, said Joe Niego this morning at the IAR Spring Conference and Expo.
Niego was the featured speaker at the opening session of Spring Conference at the Gateway Center in Collinsville.
Niego, a Chicago REALTOR® for more than 25 years, and a sought-after speaker with Buffini & Co., says many real estate professionals waste their time, energy and money because they work with less valuable referrals.
He also gave seven reasons why agents fail:
- misunderstanding the essence of the real estate business;
- pummeled by the emotional highs and lows of the business;
- lacking the sales skills this market rewards;
- unable to harness the power of personal resources;
- not standing out from the competition;
- inability to recognize a worthy opportunity; and
- possessing no sustainable energy.
Niego says experience has proven to him that clients appreciate agents who care, and details like returning phone calls promptly and following up meetings with hand-written notes tend to get that message through.