So that they can represent your interests well, local association officers will convene in Chicago Sunday through Tuesday for IAR and NAR Leadership Summits.
The IAR training begins Sunday at the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown Lakefront (511 N. Columbus Drive) with presentations about:
- “Credit Unions Versus Banks,” by Reginia Tuttle, REALTORS® Federal Credit Union Regional Manager;
- “Listening Speaks Volumes,” by Jackie Leavenworth of Jackie Leavenworth Seminars, Inc.; and
- “Persuasive Leadership from the Inside Out,” also by Leavenworth.
The training at the NAR Leadership Summit begins Monday at the Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers (301 East North Water St.) and includes:
- An economic update about current market trends for residential and commercial real estate featuring
- Lawrence Yun, Ph.D., NAR Senior Vice President, Research and Chief Economist,
- Bill Brown, NAR 2016 President-Elect and
- Dan Wagner, NAR 2016 Commercial Liaison (Senior Vice President Government Relations at The Inland Real Estate Group of Companies, Inc.).
- “How You Can Impact the Outcome,” a legislative update for the 2016 legislative year and
- A keynote address by Mia Hamm, Olympic gold-medal-winning soccer player.
- A panel discussion of Project Upstream, a coalition of real estate companies formed to develop a data technology platform and
- A keynote speech by former Blue Angels pilot, John Foley.
Watch here for coverage of these events in the coming days.