A recent survey by Endeavor America Loan Services showed 41 percent of millennials used co-borrowers to qualify for home loans and 20 percent needed financial assistance from family for down payments.
Those are just a few of the findings given by Inman.com: “Millennials need family assistance to purchase homes.” The survey used feedback from more than 5,400 respondents during 2014 and early 2015.
Among other findings about millennials:
- their average down payments were 4.6 percent;
- their average loans were $182,879;
- their average age was 28;
- 72 percent bought single-family homes; and
- 7 percent bought manufactured homes.
Get more details.