Eric Stegemann, Director of Strategy at Tribus Group, put volunteers’ websites through the “website shredder” at the Xplode Conference.
Here are some nuggets of wisdom from that event:
- Avoid using stock photography on your website. Take down the generic smiling homeowners who also appear on all your competitors’ websites. Take your own pictures.
- Keep your website’s home page simple and clean. Too many scrolling visuals distract users from what you want them to think about and do.
- Put your testimonials up front! Ask your clients for feedback, take a photo and request their permission to publish it on your website.
- Place your phone number on every page. Most serious buyers will call. Make it easy by posting your phone number on every page.
- Include a contact form on the main page. Capture email leads right away when someone visits your site.
- Make your property listings the most prominent link.
- Install a chat feature.
- Follow up on leads within 48 hours.
The Xplode Conference in Hoffman Estates was sponsored by the Illinois Association of REALTORS® and Mainstreet Association of REALTORS®. This is the fourth in a series of blog posts about the Xplode Conference. See the first, second and third stories.