Twelve Illinois REALTORS® began preparing for future work on committees, boards or as officers in real estate associations as they attended the 2016 IAR Leadership Training Academy Feb. 1 and 2 at the Embassy Suites by Hilton in Lombard.
Participants learned how leaders can: make better decisions; create a motivational environment; maximize others’ potential; differentiate between leadership and management; make better decisions; create a motivational environment; and accept the responsibilities of leadership.
Julie J. Roth (Berkshire Hathaway Snyder R.E., Champaign) is the chair of the Leadership Development Working Group and Vicky Turner (United Country Jim Burke Realty, Dixon) is the vice chair.
Members of the 2016 class are:
- Marsha Collins-Mroz (Homesmart Connect LLC, Arlington Heights),
- Mario DiLorenzo II (Keller Williams Chicago-O’Hare, Chicago),
- Linda Dressler (RE/MAX Suburban, Schaumburg),
- Delmy Economos-Granados (Exit Strategy Realty, Chicago),
- Heather Oyler (Keller Williams Premier Realty, Peoria),
- Alisa Patterson-Orozco (Dickerson & Nieman, Byron),
- Eddie Ruettiger (Baird & Warner, Plainfield),
- Victoria Sampah (L’Abri Realty & Management, Aurora),
- Brandon Shaffer (Berkshire Hathaway Snyder RE, Bloomington),
- Jesse Stauffer (RE/MAX Realty Associates, Champaign),
- Phillip (P.J.) Trautman (Champaign County Realty, Champaign) and
- Sarah Ware (Ware Realty Group, LLC, Chicago).
The individuals will gather for training several times during the year.