The time to renew broker licenses is now. Although the online renewal process is expedient, it is always a good practice to plan for unexpected obstacles. Illinois REALTORS® should allow enough time to work around any issues that may occur.
Here are some reasons not to put license renewal off until the last minute:
- Website servers may have technical issues when there is a high volume of traffic all at once.
- If internet access is compromised, it may take time to gain access elsewhere.
- If there is a problem with the transaction, it will take time to contact the appropriate parties to address the issue.
- There is NO leeway on the April 30 renewal deadline. Regardless of the reason, a broker’s license will lapse if it is not renewed on time.
- It takes just a moment to follow this link to IDFPR and renew right now!
For those who choose to print and mail a paper copy of the renewal fee and payment, it must be postmarked no later than April 30, 2016 and mailed to: Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, 320 West Washington St., P.O. Box 7086, Springfield, IL. 62791.