On Tuesday night at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield, the Illinois REALTORS® will honor Chris Read as its 2016 REALTOR® of the Year.
Read, the managing broker/owner of CR REALTOR® and the Chief Executive Officer of CR Strategies in Woodridge, started her real estate career about 40 years ago and has been active in local, state and national affairs during that time. A current member of the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®, she has served as president of her local association and was named a local REALTOR® of the year in 2007. She’s served multiple terms on the Illinois REALTORS® board of directors and chaired a variety of committees and working groups, with a focus on business issues, license law, professional standards and education.
Read is a licensed continuing education and pre-license instructor, the author of several industry courses and a mediator who has become a trusty resource in professional standards and ethics. Since 2010, she has been appointed to serve on the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) Real Estate Administrative Disciplinary Board.
In addition to Read, 25 local REALTORS® of the Year will also be feted, too. The local honorees include:
- Kevin Botterbush of Botterbush & Associates in Godfrey (Greater Gateway Association of REALTORS®);
- Michael Buscher of the Real Estate Group, Inc., in Springfield (Capital Area REALTORS®);
- Beckie Chismarick of RE/MAX Country in Streator (Illini Valley Association of REALTORS®);
- Paula Cooley of Paula Childs Realtors® in Decatur (Decatur Association of REALTORS®);
- Tonya Corder of Century 21 Affiliated of Homewood (Mainstreet Association of REALTORS®);
- Matt Farrell of Urban Real Estate in Chicago (Chicago Association of REALTORS®);
- Phil Harvey of RE/MAX Traders Unlimited in Peoria (Peoria Area Association of REALTORS®);
- Brian Henry of RE/MAX Excels in Geneva (REALTOR® Association of the Fox Valley);
- Tammy Mitchell Hines of Tammy Mitchell Hines & Company in Columbia (REALTOR® Association of Southwestern Illinois);
- Allyson Hoffman of RE/MAX Villager in Glenview (North Shore-Barrington Association of REALTORS®);
- William “Bill” Jenkins of Classic Homes in Danville (Danville Area Board of REALTORS®);
- Charles Lindhart of McCabe REALTORS® in DeKalb (Hometown Association of REALTORS®);
- Max McComb of RE/MAX Realty Associates (Champaign County Association of REALTORS®);
- Steven McIntyre of Old Northwest Land Company in Galena (REALTOR® Association of Northwestern Illinois);
- Elissa Palermo of RE/MAX in the Village, REALTORS® in Oak Park (Oak Park Area Association of REALTORS®);
- Alisa Patterson-Orozco of Dickerson & Nieman Realtors in Byron (Rockford Area Association of REALTORS®);
- Debbie Prodehl of Coldwell Banker Honig-Bell in Homer Glen (Three Rivers Association of REALTORS®);
- Marvin Sandel of Coldwell Banker Heart of America in Bloomington (Bloomington-Normal Association of REALTORS®) ;
- Shirley St. Germaine of American Universal Realty in Bonfield (Kankakee-Iroquois-Ford Association of REALTORS®);
- Bruce Steinke of Shelby Realty in Shelbyville (Central Illinois Board of REALTORS®);
- Phil Szyjka of Coldwell Banker Honig-Bell in McHenry (Heartland REALTOR® Organization);
- Brian Smith of Mel Foster Co. in Davenport, Iowa (Quad City Area REALTORS® Association);
- Alan VanDeBoe of Century 21 Broughton Team in Quincy (Quincy Association of REALTORS®);
- Nick Weis is the managing broker and owner of Third Day Commercial Real Estate, LLC in Oswego (Northern Illinois Commercial Association of REALTORS®); and
- Suzanne Wood of Coldwell Banker Allen & Geary in Centralia (Egyptian Board of REALTORS®).