June 15 is the last day you can buy tickets to attend the 35th Annual REALTOR® of the Year (ROTY) Banquet June 21 at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Museum in Springfield. The event will honor the 2016 Illinois REALTOR® of the Year Chris Read and 25 local ROTYs from across the state.
Among the local honorees will be:
- Nick Weis is the managing broker and owner of Third Day Commercial Real Estate, LLC in Oswego. He has served on the board of directors for the Northern Illinois Commercial Association of REALTORS® and as chair of the Commercial Information Exchange Committee for several years. He received his CCIM designation in 2013 and implements those skills into his real estate practice.
- Phil Harvey of RE/MAX Traders Unlimited in Peoria has served the Peoria Area Association of REALTORS® (PAAR) as president, committee member and as a member of its board of directors. He’s been on the Homes Guide Board, the Turkey Fundraising Task Force and the PAAR Cares Foundation. He assists with local and state lobbying efforts.
- Brian Smith of Mel Foster Co. in Davenport, Iowa is a member of the Quad City Area REALTORS® Association (QCARA), serving as a pre-license instructor and chair of the MLS and Forms Committee. Smith has been active in QCARA’s outreach events, such as Care & Share and Habitat for Humanity. He’s the brainchild of Rainmakers, a prograa that provides a platform for learning and sharing between agents, managers, staff and vendor partners.
- Alan VanDeBoe of Century 21 Broughton Team in Quincy, volunteering his time for the Quincy Association of REALTORS®. Currently the secretary/treasurer and the chair for the MLS Committee for the local association, he’s also helped as a member of the board of directors.
- Brian Henry of RE/MAX Excels in Geneva is a member of the REALTOR® Association of the Fox Valley, for whom he’s given his energies as a member of the board of directors and the Professional Standards Committee. He’s on the advisory board for the St. Charles Salvation Army and served as past president of the St. Charles History Museum. Henry is president elect for the Exchange Club of the Tri-Cities, which advocates patriotism and the prevention of child abuse.