Illinois REALTORS® who want a better understanding of the resources and business practices required of successful commercial real estate developers, investors and consultants should consider pursuing the Development Specialty Track through CCIM.
To achieve this distinction, students must complete all 10 courses in this track plus 40 hours of elective credit. The track includes some classroom style courses and some online instructor-led courses. The program content is structured around the Real Estate Development Matrix designed by Daniel Kohlhepp, Ph.D., Academic Program Director for Real Estate and Infrastructure at Johns Hopkins Carey Business School.
The available courses include:
- Introduction to Development Workshop;
- Real Estate Development: Acquisitions;
- Real Estate Development: Financing;
- Real Estate Development: Market Studies & Marketing Strategies;
- Real Estate Development: Environmental Factors;
- Real Estate Development: Approvals & Permits;
- Real Estate Development: Physical Improvements;
- Real Estate Development: Transportation & Accessibility;
- Real Estate Development: Dispositions;
- Capstone Project; and
- Elective Credits (40 hours).
The series is made available by CCIM Institute’s Ward Center for Real Estate Studies. To register, check the Ward Center web page or call 312-321-4460 and choose option 2. For available dates and pricing information go here.