Illinois voters living in the United States can apply for a Vote by Mail ballot for the Nov. 8 general election, according to the Illinois State Board of Elections (ISBE).
Requests can be made in person at the office of the election authority where the voters are registered or by mail through Oct. 31. You can get an application to vote by mail from the ISBE website, whether you qualify for a Military Overseas Vote by Mail Ballot or a regular Vote by Mail ballot.
This year, Illinois ballots will include:
- A proposed addition of Section 11 to Article IX of the Illinois Constitution;
- United States president and United States vice president;
- a United States senator;
- Illinois comptroller;
- Representatives of Congress;
- State senators;
- State representatives;
- regional superintendents of schools;
- appellate judges; and
- circuit and subcircuit judges.
For more information, visit the ISBE website.