Five Illinois REALTORS® were recognized for their work for the association and the industry on Thursday, Oct. 6, 2016.
The presidential medallions were presented by 2016 Illinois REALTORS® President Mike Drews. It is customary for the outgoing association president to honor those who made a difference in the past year.
Those receiving awards were:
- Steve Volkodav, association executive with the North Shore-Barrington Association of REALTORS®. Volkodav was recognized for working with a vendor to help solve a problem with RPAC dues billing. The changes were a benefit to many associations who use this particular system.
- Lynn Madison, ABR, GRI, for ongoing support and leadership in a variety of roles, ranging from RPAC to education. Madison has been a longtime trainer, and was the 2016 president of the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®. She is the recipient of the state association Political Involvement Award and was recognized as Illinois REALTOR® of the year in 2011. Lynn is the owner of Lynn Madison Seminars in Schaumburg, Ill.
- Vicky Sampah, ABR, CIPS, GRI, used her connections with Ghana to encourage the establishment of real estate laws. She facilitated a visit by members of the Ghanian parliament as part of an effort to help build interest in private property rights in the country. Sampah was in the 2016 Leadership Development class for Illinois REALTORS®. She’s with Abri Consulting Ltd.
- Ed Neaves, ABR, worked with Drews on national REALTOR® Party initiatives. His work helped the association reach fundraising and participation benchmarks.
- Pam Krieter, longtime association executive for a number of local REALTOR® associations in the Chicago area, was honored for her lifelong commitment to the industry. Krieter, who retires at year’s end, has mentored and guided generations of REALTOR® leaders, and is currently CEO of the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®.