On Thursday, 17 members of the Capital Area REALTORS® (CAR) visited the Illinois REALTORS® building in Springfield for Leadership Academy training.
The afternoon training session helped REALTORS® understand the power of branding and appropriate messaging through social media and mass media. Members also practiced simulated on-camera interviews as they would be conducted by members of the news media. Leading the training was Jon Broadbooks, Vice President, Communications with assistance from Neil Malone, Manager of Grassroots and Political Programs, Jim Clayton, local Governmental Affairs Director and REALTOR® Party Programs Manager and local television personality Stacey Skrysak of News Channel 20 (ABC).
Members of the class included:
- C.J. Beck, Keller Williams Bloomington;
- Adam Bugos, the Real Estate Group, Springfield;
- Nick Campo, Campo Realty, Inc., Pawnee;
- Suzie Sables Duff, RE/MAX Professionals, Springfield;
- Lezlie Hearn, the Real Estate Group, Springfield;
- Kevin Jones, RE/MAX Professionals, Springfield;
- Julie McCormick, Freedom Real Estate, Chatham;
- John McIntyre, Keller Williams Bloomington;
- Kerris Osborn, Freedom Real Estate, Chatham;
- Megan Pressnall, the Real Estate Group, Springfield;
- James J. Skeeters, Jr., RE/MAX Professionals, Springfield;
- Ronald Skeeters, RE/MAX Professionals, Springfield;
- Gina Wolter, the Real Estate Group, Inc., Springfield;
- Jerry Boster, Security Bank, Springfield;
- Jason Eugene Gibson, Diamond Residential Mortgage, Springfield;
- Candy Lovelace, United Community Bank, Springfield; and
- Terry Wilhite, Ridgeline Complete Home Inspection Company, Springfield.