The unofficial results from Tuesday’s Illinois Consolidated Elections showed 12 victorious candidates out of 19 backed by Illinois REALTORS®’ independent expenditures.
The victorious candidates include:
- Paul S. Braun, Flossmoor Mayor,
- Kevin R. Burns, Geneva Mayor,
- Kevin Michael Coyne, Naperville City Councilman,
- Ronald Gardiner, Glenwood Village President,
- Jim Holland, Frankfort Village President,
- Marty McLaughlin, Barrington Hills Village President,
- Tom McNamara, Rockford Mayor,
- Jodi Miller, Freeport Mayor,
- REALTOR® Zachary Oyler, Peoria At-large City Councilman,
- Riley Rogers, Dolton Mayor (assisted in primary only),
- Charles E. Tokar, Chicago Ridge Village President and
- Mary M. Werner, Worth Village President.
The race for mayor in Mundelein is too close to call with Holly Kim behind by 13 votes but with provisional votes yet to be counted.
In five races, independent expenditure candidates lost:
- Brooke Hernandez Brewer for Joliet City Council,
- C. Shawn Jones for Evanston Alderman,
- Jeffrey Halen for Lake Zurich Village Trustee,
- John Prigge for Elgin City Council,
- Jennifer “Jen” Sjoblom for Homewood Village Trustee.
Rockford REALTOR® Frank Gambino was helped by independent expenditure in the primary race for Ward 1 alderman, but he was defeated.