Illinois REALTORS® sponsored this year’s Legacy Awards, presented by the Springfield Business Journal. The awards honor local businesses and individual business leaders for their commitment to the Springfield community and historic preservation.
Congratulations to all recipients including Ace Sign Co. in the category of 51-100 years in business. Ace created the signage for the Illinois REALTORS® building in 2007 and again in 2016 for the historic name change.
Other award winners included:
- The Vachel Lindsay Association, $7,500 grant from the Historic Preservation Fund of the Community Foundation for the Land of Lincoln,
- Isringhausen Imports, Legacy Award (50 or fewer years of operation),
- HSHS St. John’s Hospital, Legacy Award (for 100+ years),
- P.J. Staab, Legacy Award (individual – Preservation Advocate), and
- Lincoln Memorial Garden, Legacy Award (organization – Preservation Advocate).
Fletcher Farrar, editor of the Springfield Business Journal, thanked Illinois REALTORS® for hosting the event. He shared the importance of a thriving local business community and how the leaders at the event leaving a legacy for future generations through their involvement in historic preservation and commitment to keeping their businesses in Springfield.