In the September issue of Designated REALTOR® Legal News, Lisa Harms Hartzler of Sorling Northrup Attorneys provides analysis of six legal case studies, including a 5-3 Supreme Court decision regarding the Takings Clause in the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Summaries of the case studies included:
- U.S. Supreme Court drafts new test for 5th Amendment Takings claims.
- Nuisance claim based only on aesthetic dislike of solar panels was not actionable.
- Grocery store’s website found in violation of ADA.
- Broker not liable for misrepresentation where Buyer had the same information.
- Broker potentially liable for fraudulent actions of agent.
- Company formed to maintain private dam did not have to replace it.