The Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors gave its approval to a plan that will guide the association for the next three years at its business meetings in Naperville last week.
The outline is the result of more than a year of work which included a comprehensive member survey, and which involved scores of members aiding in the crafting of the 101-year-old organization’s priorities.
The work identifies five core areas the association will focus on in the years ahead:
- Advocacy: Protect private property and promote the value of REALTORS®.
- Education: Create professional development programs that help REALTORS® strengthen their businesses.
- Ethics: Advance ethics enforcement programs that increase REALTOR® professionalism.
- Legal: Protect REALTORS® by providing legal guidance and education.
- Outreach: Share the story of the association and its role in helping REALTORS® succeed.
Many of the plan’s details were worked out by a Strategic Thinkers Working Group, which provided the information to the Strategic Planning Committee.