Six Illinois REALTORS´® were honored for service to the association on Thursday as recipients of Presidential Medallions.
The awards are given by the outgoing association president at their final board meeting. 2017 President Doug Carpenter announced the awards at the Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors meeting held at the Chicago Marriott Naperville.
Those honored on Thursday were:
- Vicky Turner, Vicky Turner-Crawford Real Estate, of Dixon, who led the association’s Bicentennial Task Force. Her work has played a key role in shaping the association’s plans for the state’s 200th birthday in 2018.
- Sonia Anaya, America Real Estate of Chicago, was recognized for her work to raise money for the REALTORS® Political Action Committee. She’s also spearheading efforts on the Bicentennial Plaza Legacy Project where members can purchase bricks which will be prominently installed at the public space being constructed outside the association’s Springfield headquarters.
- Alex Ruggieri, Sperry Van Ness, Champaign, for his leadership with Illinois REALTORS® commercial and global efforts. Ruggieri has represented the state at the annual MIPIM Conference in Cannes, France, and was chair of the Global Business Council.
- Chris Read with CR Strategies, Woodstock was honored for her work on creating a new Broker Management Continuing Education course, and for her work on behalf of the association to further member education.
- Deb Prodehl, With Coldwell Banker The Real Estate Group, Homer Glen, was recognized for her support and work on behalf of the association throughout the year. She was in charge of the Inaugural Banquet in 2016.
- Lynn Madison, (pictured at top) with Lynn Madison Seminars, Schaumburg, was recognized with two medallions for work on the Broker Management Continuing Education Course, and for her support of Carpenter through the year.