A panel of nonpartisan economic experts has predicted that the GOP tax plan will fail to help the economy grow significantly in the next 10 years and will add to the national debt in the process, reported Chicago Tribune columnist Eric Zorn Wednesday.
The panel responded to two questions posed by the Initiative for Global Markets at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business. Read “Actual experts confirm that the GOP tax plan is a dud.”
Other expert assessments included:
- a Bloomberg poll of 26 economists,
- Penn Wharton Budget Model Team at the University of Pennsylvania’s graduate business school,
- Tax Policy Center in Washington, D.C. and
- the Congressional Budget Office.
Other tax reform headlines include:
- House plan could crush grad students — CNN
- Fleischer video: ‘Noting in the United States Senate is a slam dunk’ — Fox News
- Senators debate likely effects of GOP tax bill — CNN
- Take action now on tax reform — NAR