Illinois REALTORS® can still register to attend a part of or the entire REALTOR® Conference & Expo, Nov. 3-6 at the McCormick Place West Building in Chicago.
Visit the registration page and members will see how many different options they have and what they can get access to with a premier access pass ($400), a day pass ($200), a single-session pass ($90), an expo-only pass ($25) or a friends and family pass ($350).
Members can view the easy-to-read chart and decide what they’d like to attend:
Go to an Illinois REALTORS® event and you just might see 2018 President Matt Difanis with a camera in his hands, taking photos of colleagues and friends. But as you’ll find in the magazine article, “Celebrating the diverse talents of the REALTOR® family,” his passion for photography doesn’t overshadow his dedication to his clients, his community or his colleagues.
See why his No. 1 goal as president is increasing diversity in Illinois REALTORS® leadership. Discover how he’s used photography to give back to veterans in his community.
And while you’re at it, check out some of the other feature articles in the October issue of Illinois REALTOR®, including stories about:
- 8 ways REALTORS® can overcome obstacles to homeownership in Illinois,
- Tips for connections to Generation X
- How the Champaign County and Oak Park associations celebrated 100-year anniversaries.
REALTORS®Michael Gobber, Tim Ryan and Lynn Madison. (Michael Hudson Photo)
In today’s blog post, we’ll give you a glimpse of the Illinois REALTORS® October Business Meetings through photographs taken at the Chicago Marriott Naperville last week.
You can see photos taken during the Inaugural Gala:
You can see images from Young Professionals Network events, the Real Estate Educational Foundation fundraiser, the Global Business Council, the REALTORS® Political Involvement Committee and so much more:
The 2018 officers include (l to r): President-elect Dan Wagner, Immediate Past President Doug Carpenter, President Matt Difanis and Treasurer Ed Neaves. (Michael Hudson Photo)
Last week at the Illinois REALTORS® October Business Meetings, a new leadership team and board of directors were sworn-in, some members were honored for their service and plans were approved for special projects.
Check out the photos and catch up on the details of the meetings and the Inaugural Gala, check the following headlines and follow the links to stories:
On Oct. 12, the Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors voted to accept nominations for chairs and vice chairs of 2018 committees at the October Business Meetings.
These individuals help shape the association’s policies, make recommendations to the board and aim to keep the association as relevant as possible. President Matt Difanis chairs the Executive Committee and President-elect Dan Wagner is vice chair. The duo serves in the same leadership roles on the NAR Political Advisory Working Group.
Among other appointments are:
- Advisory Council — Mike Drews, chair;
- Association Executives Committee — Steve Volkodav, chair, Charay Palmer, vice chair;
- Business Issues-License Law Forum — Kristie DeBrun, chair, Sue Miller, vice chair;
- Commercial-Industrial-Investment Committee — Steve Myers, chair; Kris Keller, vice chair;
- Conference and Expo Working Group — Angie Zahn, chair;
- Ethics Citation Panel — Matt Silver, chair, Tonya Corder, vice chair;
- Finance Committee — Ed Neaves, chair;
- Grievance Committee — Eleanor Nastepniak, chair, Catherine Terpstra, vice chair;
- Housing Opportunity Working Group — Zeke Morris, chair, Jeffrey Barkstall, vice chair;
- Illinois REALTORS® Plaza, Inc. — Ed Neaves, chair;
- Illinois General Assembly and Statewide Independent Expenditures Committee — Christopher Tenggren, chair;
- Illinois Local Government Independent Expenditures Committee — Mike Drews, chair;
- Illinois REALTORS® Global Business Council — Vicky Sampah, chair, Maurice Hampton, vice chair;
- Leadership Development Working Group — Sarah Ware, chair, Bob Eby, vice chair;
- Nominating Committee — Jim Kinney, chair, Mike Drews, vice chair;
- Performance-Compensation Review Committee — Mike Drews, chair;
- Professional Development Member Involvement Group — , Max Mitchell, chair, Alisa Patterson-Orosco, vice chair;
- Professional Standards Committee — Mike Oldenettel, chair, Michael Gobber, vice chair;
- REALTORS® Political Involvement Working Group — Tom Krettler, chair, Chad Doyle, vice chair;
- Public Policy and Government Affairs Member Involvement Group — Tim Ryan, chair, Hugh Rider, vice chair;
- REALTOR® of the Year Working Group — Chris Read, chair;
- RPAC Fundraising Working Group — Jeff Gregory, chair, Kevin Van Eck, vice chair;
- RPAC Trustees — Jeff Kolbus, chair, Nykea Pippion-McGriff, vice chair;
- Screening and Candidate Audit Working Group — Jean Crosby, chair, Sheryl Grider-Whitehurst, vice chair;
- Strategic Planning Committee — Dan Wagner, chair, Ed Neaves, vice chair;
- Young Professionals Network Advisory Group — Jayme Ahlden, chair, Brian Kwilosz, vice chair.
The Advisory Board will choose its chair in the near future.