The Second Annual REALTORS® Political Action Committee RPAC Reverse Raffle produced many positives for the REALTOR® Association of the Fox Valley (RAFV) on Oct. 26. In fact, after discussing it with RPAC Fundraising Manager Kim Buscher, I came up with five great reasons why I love the reverse raffle:
- Suspense – Instead of a traditional raffle’s single moment of surprise, the reverse raffle creates a night of excitement. Throughout the night, the 500 participants are eliminated until one $5,000 winner remains.
- Friends and colleagues – or “frolleagues” (a term I just coined). As member outreach manager, I travel all over the Northern Illinois and I love catching up with all of my RAFV friends at this event. From the RAFV staff to the unbelievably fun RPAC Committee, MRED team and participating REALTORS®, it is a casual atmosphere to network and catch up with some great Fox Valley folks.
- Food – I love food. The reverse raffle has such great food that the first year they ran out. Last night there was plenty. The chips and guac are my vice; sorry that I ate it all.
- Fulfilling my MI Pledge – It is late in the year and I still have (gulp) how many hundreds to go on my MI pledge? Are there any state raffles left? Any auctions? The RAFV Reverse Raffle is held late in the year and is the perfect way to fulfill the remaining balance on an MI pledge! Whew.
- Home by 9:30 – Okay this may not apply to everyone, but I’m a Ben Franklin when it comes to my sleep habits. I had a blast last night and was still home by 9:30 p.m. with plenty of time to get all my beauty sleep.
Are you sad you missed the RAFV reverse raffle or already ready to get it on your calendar for next year? Have no fear, I’m sure association executive Chris Studebaker will be ready to sell tickets in no time.
(Disclaimer: The Illinois REALTORS® Political Action Committee (RPAC) solicits contributions from Illinois REALTORS® members only.)