Social media has changed the way REALTORS® do business, and Marki Lemons Ryhal understands those changes. As a real estate educator who specializes in social media strategies, she has taught over 100,000 students and has earned more than 50 certifications, designations and licenses in social media and real estate.
Ryhal will lead the Core B CE course Real Estate Compliance is Not a Game at the Illinois REALTORS® Conference & Expo, May 10-11 at the Gateway Center in Collinsville. Participants may earn 3 hours of Core B CE by completing this course.
Reviewing the real estate laws and regulations that apply to communication, Ryhal will explain how to remain in compliance when the line between personal and professional life is blurred. Attendees will learn how to avoid making communication mistakes that violate the Illinois Real Estate Act.
Catch a sneak peek in the video below, and register for Conference & Expo here.
Illinois’ Managing Brokers can choose from two Illinois REALTORS® BMCE webinars to get the credits needed for April 30 license renewal deadline. Both course options are led by engaging, veteran instructors and allow participants to earn BMCE credit from the privacy of their own home or office. The 12-hour, two-day webinars begin at 9 a.m. each day
- On April 6 and 7, Lynn Madison instructs and the cost is $170.
- On Apri 19 and 20, Norm Willoughby instructs and the cost is $170.
Register today for the webinar that fits your schedule!
Step-by-step pre-license instructional video at www.illinoisrealtors.org/education/prelicense
A new video created by the Illinois REALTORS® Licensing & Training Center explains the pre-license process to prospective brokers. “Become a Real Estate Agent in Illinois” provides a two-minute overview of how students can earn a license in three steps.
Nearly 1,000 people have watched the video in the first two weeks.The accompanying pre-license guide “Start Your Career in Real Estate” is a free pdf download available on the same webpage at www.illinoisrealtor.org/education/prelicense.
Illinois REALTORS® are encouraged to share the video and pre-license guide with anyone interested in pursuing a career in real estate.
Get CE credit for license renewal in Missouri AND Illinois in one class! If you hold a license in Missouri and Illinois, you can earn CE credit in BOTH states with these commercial real estate courses offered by St. Louis REALTORS® in partnership with Illinois REALTORS®.
Download a registration form for details
Dates: March 14 & March 28
Location: 600 Tower Building, 600 Market Street in St. Louis, MO 63101 (Get directions)
Cost: FREE for St. Louis REALTORS® members | $35 per course for non-members
- COR 16013, Core B Legal Issues: Commercial Leasing – Analysis of Rights,
Obligations and Laws
- ETH 1529, Elective CE: Code of Ethics in the Commercial Spotlight
- COM 1046: Perspectives in Commercial Leasing: Office &
- COM 1043: Understanding Commercial Real Estate Inspections
These commercial real estate courses are offered by St. Louis REALTORS® in partnership with Illinois REALTORS®.
The Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) has started sending out email notifications to managing brokers with licenses scheduled to expire on April 30.
Illinois REALTORS® who are managing brokers can use the link within the email to complete the online renewal process via credit card: http://www.idfpr.com/Renewals/defaultSSL.asp. Those who do not renew their license by April 30 will see their licenses expire.
The email message includes the following tips:
- Print the instructions on the Departments Renewal Page for reference,
- Use your internet browser back key to return to a previous page,
- No charges will be applied to your record unless your renewal has been submitted,
- VISA, MasterCard and Discover are accepted forms of payment, but no credit card information will be kept by the IDFPR,
- A convenience fee will be added to the cost of your license renewal for vendor processing costs, and
- All fees are non-refundable.
Questions or concerns? Contact the IDFPR toll-free at 1-800-560-6420 or FPR.Realestate@illinois.gov.