New officers, including President Matt Difanis, President-Elect Dan Wagner and Treasurer Ed Neaves, along with the new board of directors, were sworn in at the Inaugural Gala during last week’s October Business Meetings at the Chicago Marriott Naperville.
In today’s blog post, we’ll give you a glimpse of the Illinois REALTORS® October Business Meetings through photographs taken at the Chicago Marriott Naperville last week.
You can see photos taken during the Inaugural Gala:
You can see images from Young Professionals Network events, the Real Estate Educational Foundation fundraiser, the Global Business Council, the REALTORS® Political Involvement Committee and so much more:
Illinois REALTORS® paused last week to remember the life and work of two association executives who died in 2017.
Margery Shinners, former CEO of the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®, and Debra Borgwald, association executive of the Danville Board of REALTORS® were honored with proclamations noting their contributions to the real estate industry and Illinois REALTORS®.
The ceremony was held at a meeting of Illinois REALTORS®’ Board of Directors during its meeting at the Chicago Mariott Naperville.
Shinners, who died in April, joined Mainstreet in 1996, serving as technology director and deputy CEO before she was promoted in 2016 to CEO.
Borgwald served the Danville board for more than 15 years and served on a number of Illinois REALTOR® committees.
Both were recognized with Illinois REALTORS® Rhino Award, given to association executives who serve as role models and leaders within the profession.
The Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors gave its approval to a plan that will guide the association for the next three years at its business meetings in Naperville last week.
The outline is the result of more than a year of work which included a comprehensive member survey, and which involved scores of members aiding in the crafting of the 101-year-old organization’s priorities.
The work identifies five core areas the association will focus on in the years ahead:
- Advocacy: Protect private property and promote the value of REALTORS®.
- Education: Create professional development programs that help REALTORS® strengthen their businesses.
- Ethics: Advance ethics enforcement programs that increase REALTOR® professionalism.
- Legal: Protect REALTORS® by providing legal guidance and education.
- Outreach: Share the story of the association and its role in helping REALTORS® succeed.
Many of the plan’s details were worked out by a Strategic Thinkers Working Group, which provided the information to the Strategic Planning Committee.
Last week at the Illinois REALTORS® October Business Meetings, a new leadership team and board of directors were sworn-in, some members were honored for their service and plans were approved for special projects.
Check out the photos and catch up on the details of the meetings and the Inaugural Gala, check the following headlines and follow the links to stories:
- Difanis sworn-in as president of Illinois REALTORS® 2018 leadership team
- Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors approve 2018 committee chairs and vice chairs
- Illinois REALTORS® welcomes 6 new board members
- REALTORS® honored with Presidential Medallions for service at board meeting
- Illinois REALTORS® meets key benchmarks for political involvement
- Illinois REALTORS® talk politics, global business and more Thursday in Naperville
- Two seeking NAR’s top office visit Illinois REALTORS®
- Leadership Development class presents on REALTOR® advocacy
- Diverse discussions draw REALTORS® to Illinois Young Professionals Network
- Illinois REALTORS® honors 2 association presidents for service posthumously
- REEF raised $10,000 at Fall Business Meetings fundraiser
- Plaza, writing contest among highlights for Bicentennial celebration
- Illinois REALTORS® approves three-year strategic plan
- Shinners, Borgwald remembered for association leadership