Make sure you and your clients are protected at closings. (Bigstock Photos)
Illinois REALTORS® are invited to “Cyber Security Issues Related to the Real Estate Closing Process,” from 9 a.m. to noon, Tuesday, Nov. 14 at the Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library.
Registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
MCLE credit will be awarded to attorneys.
The event is sponsored by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR), in partnership with:
- Illinois REALTORS®
- National Association of REALTORS®
- Illinois Land Title Association
- Illinois Credit Union League
- Illinois Bankers Association
- American Land Title Association
- Greater Midwest Lenders Association
- Illinois Mortgage Bankers Association
- Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association
- Community Bankers Association of Illinois and
- Illinois League of Financial Institutions.
Illinois REALTORS®’ Global Business Council facilitated a meeting with Serbian real estate professionals and members of the title industry at the Chicago Association of REALTORS® on Monday, Nov. 6, 2017. At left are Mike Randick, Illinois sales manager for Stewart Title; Michael Maksimovich with Maksimovich Associates; Carmen Carbonara, business development officer for Stewart Title. On right are Serbian real estate professionals including Ervin Pašanović; Branislav Petrovic, Slaviša Pešik and Zana Petrovic.
A delegation of Serbian real estate practitioners got a chance to learn about best practices in the title industry this week.
The meeting was facilitated by the Illinois REALTORS®’ Global Business Council, and was held at the association’s offices at the Chicago Association of REALTORS®. Joining the meeting were attorneys for Stewart Title and Maksimovich Associates.
The delegation continues to build relationships in Illinois. With building and other economic development, members of the delegation said it was important to be able to share information back in their country.
The group also hoped to be able to increase cross-border relationships and investment.
For a three-minute summary of the legal obligations regarding radon disclosure, members can watch the “Legal Minutes – Radon Disclosure Requirements” video featuring Illinois REALTORS® Director of Legal Services Betsy Urbance.
According to the Illinois Radon Awareness Act, most homeowners who want to sell their property will need to complete a radon disclosure form and share it with prospective buyers, says Urbance. Owners will disclose and provide the most current records they may have related to radon test results or mitigation actions.
She also discusses some common exceptions to the radon disclosure form requirement.
To download radon disclosure forms, Illinois REALTORS® can login and go to this page www.illinoisrealtor.org/downloads and look for the residential (422) and rental (422L) versions.
College and high school students have roughly a week to submit their own original video for the “Something to Learn About Illinois History” Illinois Bicentennial contest, if they’re vying for a pair of tickets to the musical Hamilton on Dec. 3.
That’s according to Illinois200.com, the “Official Website of the Governor’s Office of Illinois Bicentennial.” Go here to enter.
Contestants must supply a 45-to-60-second video from a smartphone or video camera that highlights a fact, event, place, person or something to learn about Illinois history. A total of 100 winners will be chosen, and their videos may be aired or posted online as part of the Illinois Bicentennial countdown.
Each of the winners will receive a pair of tickets to the Sunday, Dec. 3 matinee showing of Hamilton in Chicago.
Students enrolled in an Illinois high school, community college, college, university or technical school are eligible to enter.
Nearly 3,000 Illinois REALTORS® visited Chicago from Nov. 3-6 to play major roles in the REALTOR® Conference & Expo at McCormick Place. Scan through the following headlines for stories posted on the Illinois REALTORS® blog:
- Gallery shows best photos from NAR Conference & Expo,
- Downs honored with Magel Award at NAR Board of Directors meeting,
- Using the 1031 exchange option with investment properties,
- Suvarnamani honored with NAR’s Global Achievement Award,
- Global Business Council gets top honors at NAR conference,
- Read honored with 2017 SRES Outstanding Service Award,
- Miller, other state REALTORS® of the Year recognized at NAR Conference
Sue Miller (center) is honored with other REALTORS® of the Year in Chicago.
- Wagner, Ruggieri honored with 2017 National Commercial Awards,
- Lincoln appearance delights expo attendees in Chicago,
- Five takeaways on current housing market trends,
- Illinois REALTORS® highlighted at NAR Global Forum and
- Illinois REALTORS® welcomes international colleagues in Chicago.
(l to r) REALTORS® Tom Krettler, Doug Carpenter, Debbie Prodehl, Chris Read and Piero Orsi.