Even if you attended last week’s Fall Business Meetings, you probably didn’t get to take in EVERYTHING. From the REEF “Fun” Raiser to the Board of Directors Meeting to the Inaugural Gala, catch up on what you may have missed.
New officers, including President Matt Difanis, President-Elect Dan Wagner and Treasurer Ed Neaves, along with the new board of directors, were sworn in at the Inaugural Gala during last week’s October Business Meetings at the Chicago Marriott Naperville.
In today’s blog post, we’ll give you a glimpse of the Illinois REALTORS® October Business Meetings through photographs taken at the Chicago Marriott Naperville last week.
You can see photos taken during the Inaugural Gala:
You can see images from Young Professionals Network events, the Real Estate Educational Foundation fundraiser, the Global Business Council, the REALTORS® Political Involvement Committee and so much more:
Last week at the Illinois REALTORS® October Business Meetings, a new leadership team and board of directors were sworn-in, some members were honored for their service and plans were approved for special projects.
Check out the photos and catch up on the details of the meetings and the Inaugural Gala, check the following headlines and follow the links to stories:
- Difanis sworn-in as president of Illinois REALTORS® 2018 leadership team
- Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors approve 2018 committee chairs and vice chairs
- Illinois REALTORS® welcomes 6 new board members
- REALTORS® honored with Presidential Medallions for service at board meeting
- Illinois REALTORS® meets key benchmarks for political involvement
- Illinois REALTORS® talk politics, global business and more Thursday in Naperville
- Two seeking NAR’s top office visit Illinois REALTORS®
- Leadership Development class presents on REALTOR® advocacy
- Diverse discussions draw REALTORS® to Illinois Young Professionals Network
- Illinois REALTORS® honors 2 association presidents for service posthumously
- REEF raised $10,000 at Fall Business Meetings fundraiser
- Plaza, writing contest among highlights for Bicentennial celebration
- Illinois REALTORS® approves three-year strategic plan
- Shinners, Borgwald remembered for association leadership
On Oct. 12, the Illinois REALTORS® Board of Directors voted to accept nominations for chairs and vice chairs of 2018 committees at the October Business Meetings.
These individuals help shape the association’s policies, make recommendations to the board and aim to keep the association as relevant as possible. President Matt Difanis chairs the Executive Committee and President-elect Dan Wagner is vice chair. The duo serves in the same leadership roles on the NAR Political Advisory Working Group.
Among other appointments are:
- Advisory Council — Mike Drews, chair;
- Association Executives Committee — Steve Volkodav, chair, Charay Palmer, vice chair;
- Business Issues-License Law Forum — Kristie DeBrun, chair, Sue Miller, vice chair;
- Commercial-Industrial-Investment Committee — Steve Myers, chair; Kris Keller, vice chair;
- Conference and Expo Working Group — Angie Zahn, chair;
- Ethics Citation Panel — Matt Silver, chair, Tonya Corder, vice chair;
- Finance Committee — Ed Neaves, chair;
- Grievance Committee — Eleanor Nastepniak, chair, Catherine Terpstra, vice chair;
- Housing Opportunity Working Group — Zeke Morris, chair, Jeffrey Barkstall, vice chair;
- Illinois REALTORS® Plaza, Inc. — Ed Neaves, chair;
- Illinois General Assembly and Statewide Independent Expenditures Committee — Christopher Tenggren, chair;
- Illinois Local Government Independent Expenditures Committee — Mike Drews, chair;
- Illinois REALTORS® Global Business Council — Vicky Sampah, chair, Maurice Hampton, vice chair;
- Leadership Development Working Group — Sarah Ware, chair, Bob Eby, vice chair;
- Nominating Committee — Jim Kinney, chair, Mike Drews, vice chair;
- Performance-Compensation Review Committee — Mike Drews, chair;
- Professional Development Member Involvement Group — , Max Mitchell, chair, Alisa Patterson-Orosco, vice chair;
- Professional Standards Committee — Mike Oldenettel, chair, Michael Gobber, vice chair;
- REALTORS® Political Involvement Working Group — Tom Krettler, chair, Chad Doyle, vice chair;
- Public Policy and Government Affairs Member Involvement Group — Tim Ryan, chair, Hugh Rider, vice chair;
- REALTOR® of the Year Working Group — Chris Read, chair;
- RPAC Fundraising Working Group — Jeff Gregory, chair, Kevin Van Eck, vice chair;
- RPAC Trustees — Jeff Kolbus, chair, Nykea Pippion-McGriff, vice chair;
- Screening and Candidate Audit Working Group — Jean Crosby, chair, Sheryl Grider-Whitehurst, vice chair;
- Strategic Planning Committee — Dan Wagner, chair, Ed Neaves, vice chair;
- Young Professionals Network Advisory Group — Jayme Ahlden, chair, Brian Kwilosz, vice chair.
The Advisory Board will choose its chair in the near future.