Local presidents-elect and local chief staff executives will join their Illinois REALTORS® counterparts for the Leadership Summit in Chicago beginning Sunday so they can better represent your interests during the next year.
Illinois REALTORS® begins its training Sunday afternoon at the Embassy Suites Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile, with opening sessions by Regina Tuttle, National Director, REALTORS® Federal Credit Union, and Matt Difanis, President-Elect, Illinois REALTORS®.
Bob Harris, CAE, will lead participants through “Board Excellence” during the bulk of the afternoon. Harris uses case studies, trends and more to help leaders of associations, chambers and other non-profits learn best practices and sustainability.
The National Association of REALTORS® Leadership Summit begins at 8 a.m. Monday and continues through 6 p.m. with programming that includes:
- Keynote speaker Vernice Armour, America’s first African American female combat pilot;
- Keynote speaker Charlene Li, founder and CEO of the Altimeter Group, author and advisor to Fortune 500 companies;
- 50th Anniversary of the Fair Housing Act featuring Illinois REALTOR® Zeke Morris, 2017 Chair of the Fair Housing Act Work Group;
- Panel discussion on “Owning NAR’s Research, Legal Guidance and Legislative Insights;” and
- the “Intangible Skills of Great Leaders” featuring NAR CEO Emeritus Dale Stinton and three others.
On Tuesday, NAR programming runs from 8:20 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. including:
- Presentations by President Elizabeth Mendenhall and CEO Bob Goldberg,
- A panel discussion by Mendenhall, Goldberg, Brad Inman and Stefan Swanepoel, and
- A keynote address by Eric Thomas, a former NFL player, motivational speaker, author and minister.
Tuesday’s program will be streamed live on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/NARdotRealtor.