Fifteen Illinois REALTORS® were honored for their investment in RPAC, either as Hall of Fame inductees, or for reaching milestone investment levels. From left to right are: Ed Neaves (HOF); David McClintock (HOF); Dana Hybl (HOF); Doug Carpenter, $50,000 level honoree; Gary L. Clayton, $75,000 level honoree; Philip Chiles, HOF; Pat Dalessandro, former inductee who attended the ceremony; Norm Willoughby (HOF); Lynn Madison, $50,000 level honoree; John Kmiecik, $50,000 level honoree; Piero Orsi, $50,000 level honoree.
Eight new Illinois REALTORS® were honored Wednesday with an induction into the National Association of REALTORS® Hall of Fame. And seven more were honored for reaching new milestone investment levels.
To become a NAR Hall of Fame inductee, a REALTOR® has to have invested at least $25,000 in the REALTORS® Political Action Committee.
The eight inducted into the NAR Hall of Fame Wednesday were:
- Colleen Clavesilla, ABR, CRS, GRI, SRES of Crystal Lake. Clavesilla was 2001 Illinois REALTORS® president and has served on the board of directors and numerous association committees.
- Dana Hybl, ABR, SRES, of Carol Stream. Hybl has served on the association’s Board of Directors in 2012 and has served on numerous committees including Grievance, Housing Opportunity and Political Involvement.
- David L. McClintock, of New Lenox, CEO of Three Rivers Association of REALTORS®.
- Ed Prodehl, CRS, of Burr Ridge. He served multiple terms on the association’s Board of Directors.
- Edwin Neaves, of Bloomington, who was just nominated to be 2018 association treasurer. He was the 2016 Political Involvement Award recipient.
- Millie Rosenbloom, of Chicago, a former Board of Directors member who served on the the Illinois Real Estate Educational Foundation board.
- Norm Willoughby of Decatur. Willoughby is CEO of the Decatur Association of REALTORS® and the Central Illinois Board of REALTORS®. Willoughby is a former assistant commissioner of real estate for Illinois and is an instructor for the Illinois REALTORS® Licensing and Training Center.
- Philip Chiles, of Springfield, ABR, CRS, GRI, SRES. Chiles is a former Illinois REALTORS® president who has served on and chaired numerous committees.
Seven more Illinois REALTORS® honored for ongoing investment in RPAC by NAR
Six people from Illinois were honored for investing at least $50,000 in RPAC, and the seventh person, Gary L. Clayton, was honored for investing more than $75,000 in the political action committee as a ceremony held in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday.
Illinois REALTORS® CEO Gary L. Clayton was celebrated for donating more than $75,000 to RPAC during his career leading one the nation’s largest state real estate groups. Clayton has headed the association since 1983.
Honored for reaching the $50,000 investment level were:
- Doug Carpenter, ABR, GRI, of Mokena, 2017 Illinois REALTORS® President, and the first Illinois REALTOR® to be inducted into the NAR Hall of Fame. He has served on numerous local, state and national committees in his career.
- John C. Kmiecik, CRB, of Palos Park. He was 2004 association president, and chaired the NAR Political Advisory Working Group in 2004.
- Lynn Madison, ABR, BPOR, GRI, SFR, SRES, of Schaumburg, who was 2016 REALTOR® of the Year and has chaired the associations’ Professional Standards Committee.
- Piero Orsi, ABR, CRB, CRS, GRI, of Long Grove. Orsi has served on the association’s Board of Directors and has chaired the Major Donor Working Group.
- Rob Wigton, RCE, CRS, of Edwardsville, CEO of the Greater Gateway Association of REALTORS®.
- Pam Krieter, RCE, CIPS, of Franklin Park. She is interim CEO of the Mainstreet Organization of REALTORS®, and previously long-time CEO at the association. Krieter has served in numerous volunteer leadership roles in her career, and chaired the association’s task force which shaped the commemoration of its 100th anniversary.
The seven REALTORS® from Illinois celebrating new investment milestones were honored at an event at the Marriott Wardman in Washington, D.C..